Personal Injury Lawyer - Kent Collins Law FirmServing Aiken, Newberry, Lexington, Columbia SC
Get help today. Fight to get what you deserve.
It happens everyday. You’re going about life, minding your own business, and the next thing you know, you’re seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence.
What follows is pain and suffering, possibly time off from work and financial hardship.
If You’ve Been Injured Due To Someone Else’s Negligence
You may entitled to fair and just compensation.
In a perfect world the negligent party’s insurance company is supposed to compensate you, but will they? Insurance companies work hard to pay out as little as possible. They’re trying to protect their bottom line. In fact many insurance companies have a team of attorneys who are strategizing in an effort to minimize financial losses.
That’s why you need a personal injury attorney like Kent Collins to hold the insurance company accountable for treating you fairly and, if necessary, fight the company for what you deserve.
“It’s the insurance company’s job to pay you as little as possible.”
– Kent Collins
We Help People Who’ve Been Injured
Kent Collins Law Firm helps people throughout South Carolina in a variety of legal matters, including personal injury cases involving:
- Workers’ compensation
- Dog bites
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Trucking accidents,
- Wrongful death,
- Slip and fall accidents.
What to do when you’re seriously injured
When you’re in pain and emotionally vulnerable, it’s tempting to accept a monetary settlement quickly. But in trying to get the situation behind you, you could be passing up money that not only are you entitled to but that you may need to endure the pain, suffering and financial hardship now and in the future.
Here’s what to do when you’re injured …
- Seek medical attention immediately for your injuries.
- Write down what happened as soon as you can. Your memory of the events will gradually fade over time.
- Keep all documents you receive. Police reports, letters from insurance companies, receipts and medical reports all prove what you did and help show you acted in good faith.
- Speak with an attorney immediately. Don’t just take what an insurance company offers you. Remember, they want to pay you as little as you will accept.
Do I have a personal injury claim?
To have a legitimate personal injury case, you just have to meet these three criteria:
- You have an injury. This one is pretty straightforward.
- Someone else’s negligence caused your injury. This means another person must have caused your injury by acting negligently or failing to act when they should have.
- Your injury resulted in financial loss. Do you have medical bills, lost wages or a disability limiting your ability to work? If so, you have a financial loss.
If you aren’t sure whether your situation meets all three, just ask Kent. He can help you determine whether you have a valid claim.
If you need of a personal injury lawyer, don’t wait. Timing is critical because the insurance company or other responsible party is hard at work strategizing. And you should be, too. No matter how small you think your injury might be, a personal injury attorney can help you get the money you need to take care of yourself and your family while you cope with the injury and its effects.
Why choose Kent?
Whether it requires negotiating with insurance companies or responsible parties, or representing you in a court of law to defend your right to fair compensation, Kent is on your side.
He understands how the system works, the parties involved and will methodically work to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Would you like to speak with an attorney?
Call 803-808-0905, or use this form to reach Kent Collins for a consultation.