have you been seriously injured?
It happens everyday. You’re going about life, minding your own business, and the next thing you know, you’re seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence.
What follows is pain and suffering, possibly time off from work and financial hardship.
If You’ve Been Injured Due To Someone Else’s Negligence
You may entitled to fair and just compensation.
In a perfect world the negligent party’s insurance company is supposed to compensate you, but will they? Insurance companies work hard to pay out as little as possible. They’re trying to protect their bottom line. In fact many insurance companies have a team of attorneys who are strategizing in an effort to minimize financial losses.
That’s why you need a personal injury attorney like Kent Collins to hold the insurance company accountable for treating you fairly and, if necessary, fight the company for what you deserve.
“It’s the insurance company’s job to pay you as little as possible.”
– Kent Collins
We Help People Who’ve Been Injured
Kent Collins Law Firm helps people throughout South Carolina in a variety of legal matters, including personal injury cases involving:
- Workers’ compensation
- Dog bites
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle accidents,
- Trucking accidents,
- Wrongful death,
- Slip and fall accidents.
What to do when you’re seriously injured
When you’re in pain and emotionally vulnerable, it’s tempting to accept a monetary settlement quickly. But in trying to get the situation behind you, you could be passing up money that not only are you entitled to but that you may need to endure the pain, suffering and financial hardship now and in the future.
Here’s what to do when you’re injured…
- Seek medical attention immediately for your injuries.
- Write down what happened as soon as you can. Your memory of the events will gradually fade over time.
- Keep all documents you receive. Police reports, letters from insurance companies, receipts and medical reports all prove what you did and help show you acted in good faith.
- Speak with an attorney immediately. Don’t just take what an insurance company offers you. Remember, they want to pay you as little as you will accept.
Do I have a personal injury claim?
To have a legitimate personal injury case, three criteria must be met.
- You have an injury. This one is pretty straightforward.
- Someone else’s negligence caused your injury. This means another person must have caused your injury by acting negligently or failing to act when they should have.
- Your injury resulted in financial loss. Do you have medical bills, lost wages or a disability limiting your ability to work? If so, you have a financial loss.
If you aren’t sure whether your situation meets all three, just ask Kent. He can help you determine whether you have a valid claim.
If you need of a personal injury lawyer, don’t wait. Timing is critical because the insurance company or other responsible party is hard at work strategizing. And you should be, too. No matter how small you think your injury might be, a personal injury attorney can help you get the money you need to take care of yourself and your family while you cope with the injury and its effects.
Why choose Kent?
Whether it requires negotiating with insurance companies or responsible parties, or representing you in a court of law to defend your right to fair compensation, Kent is on your side.
He understands how the system works, the parties involved and will methodically work to help you get the compensation you deserve.
TYPES OF CRIMINAL
CASES WE HANDLE
- Attempted Murder
- Assault and Battery 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Armed Robbery
- Arson 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Assault upon a Correctional Employee
- Breach of Trust
- Breaking into a Motor Vehicle
- Burglary 1st, Burglary 2nd, Burglary 3rd
- Domestic Violence (DV/CDV)
WORDS FROM CLIENTS
“I found Kent’s knowledge and experience in matters of law to be the determining factor in solving my legal issue.”
– Jim Sturkie
“Great attorney. Works with his clients. Honest. Very accessible. Ability to call and speak to a live person (even on weekends) The best attorney in 3 counties.”
– Julie Burr
“Mr. Collins did a wonderful job in defending my case, will be sure to see him again if needed…”
– Thomas Shealy
“Mr. Collins exceeded my expectations by far! I have needed his services more than once and I couldn’t be more thankful for how much he has helped me!”
– Josheua Kicklighter
“Where do I begin…He worked his heart out for me, he fought for me, stayed after hours doing everything he could. Him and his secretary were very up beat, energetic, fun and positive while still being professional and making sure I was informed of everything that was going on. Kent showed the reason why he is an attorney… he is caring and compassionate and will not sugar coat anything! I hired him to represent me and he showed out in the courtroom. I owe him and his secretary my life!! They came up BIG for me. If you ever need an attorney and you want someone who doesn’t wear suit and tie….that will not intimidate you or make you feel bad about your situation….this guy right here is it!!!! The BEST PROFESSIONAL Attorney I will ever work with!!!!! Kent you out did yourself!!!!!!!!!! If you EVER need an attorney…..i have 2 words for you. KENT COLLINS!!!!!!!”
* The Rules of Professional Conduct require disclosure that this is a “Testimonial” about the attorney.
Please be aware that any result achieved on behalf of one client in one matter does not necessarily
indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.