Need a Criminal Defense Attorney in Orangeburg, SC?
Call the Kent Collins Law Firm, where our criminal defense lawyer:
- Regularly handles criminal defense cases for our clients,
- Has dealt with thousands of criminal cases of all types, from speeding tickets to murder charges,
- Has years of experience defending people accused of crimes as an Orangeburg, SC criminal defense lawyer in private practice,
- Has experience as a former prosecutor in Orangeburg and Lexington, SC
- Is an active member of the South Carolina Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (SCACDL), The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), and
- Regularly attends training sessions for criminal defense law and trial practice
Our Orangeburg, SC criminal defense law firm has extensive experience with South Carolina criminal laws, including:
- Magistrate court crimes,
- Municipal court crimes,
- General Sessions crimes,
- Property crimes,
- Assault and battery,
- Drug offenses,
- Driving under the influence (DUI),
- Sex crimes,
- Murder, and
- Domestic Violence charges.
A Former Prosecutor in Orangeburg, SC
Criminal Defense Attorney Kent Collins is a former prosecutor who uses his experience to help ordinary people accused of crimes stand up to the overwhelming power and resources of the government.
Kent Collins knows criminal procedure and has been involved in criminal defense cases from arrest to acquittal.
He knows how criminal cases are prosecuted, from when a case arrives in the prosecutor’s office to the jury’s verdict at the end of a criminal trial.
Criminal defense attorney Kent Collins knows how to investigate a criminal allegation to find the witnesses and evidence that you will need to either persuade your prosecutor to dismiss or win your case at trial.
An Criminal Defense Lawyer in Orangeburg, SC Who Cares
Most importantly, criminal defense attorney Kent Collins cares about his clients and what happens to them.
Our job is to win your case – in most cases, this means getting your charges dismissed, negotiating an outcome you agree with, or trying your case to a jury.
A criminal conviction can have severe consequences in South Carolina, and, depending on the facts of their case, a person who is convicted of a crime in SC may be subject to:
- Jail time,
- Substantial fines,
- Suspension or revocation of their license,
- Job loss,
- Loss of occupational licenses,
- Loss of their right to own a firearm or get a CWP (concealed weapon permit) and
- A permanent criminal record.
Even before your arrest, the state is working to convict you – with multiple police departments, investigative agencies, SLED, and the solicitor’s office’s attorneys and investigators preparing your case to get a conviction at a possible trial.
Shouldn’t you also have a trained criminal defense lawyer in Orangeburg, SC, investigating your case, negotiating on your behalf, and preparing your case to get an acquittal if it goes to trial?
Your Orangeburg, SC Criminal Defense Attorney’s job is to win your case or place you in the best position possible.
For most clients, a criminal defense lawyer’s job is to win your case…
Although we negotiate on your behalf, we are not here simply to negotiate a plea bargain. We are here to win your case.
Although we help some clients plead guilty, present mitigating evidence to the court, and argue for lenient sentences, our job is not to plead you guilty. We are here to win your case.
Whenever possible, we will get your charges dismissed through our independent investigation and negotiations with the prosecutor. If you receive an acceptable plea offer and decide to plead guilty, our job is still to get your case dismissed, to keep you out of prison, and to work out the best possible outcome before you enter the courtroom.
If you do not receive a plea offer you can accept and you decide to take your case to trial, our job is to win an acquittal from your jury.
At each stage of your case, from arrest to pretrial motions, preliminary hearing, implied consent hearing, negotiations, and through a potential jury trial, we will be at your side, answering your questions and fighting for your rights.
WE HANDLE ALL DUI CHARGES
- DUI First Offense
- DUI Second Offense
- DUI Third Offense
- DUI Fourth Offense
- Felony DUI
Common Questions for Criminal Defense Attorneys in Orangeburg, SC
Can you get my charges dismissed?
We cannot guarantee you that your case will be dismissed, every case is different.
The facts, prosecutors, and circumstances mean different outcomes in each case but we promise to do everything legally and ethically possible to win your case.
Does SC Have Pretrial Diversion Programs?
- Pretrial Intervention (PTI),
- Alcohol Education Program (AEP),
- Traffic Education Program (TEP),
- Drug Court, and
- Conditional discharges.
Can I get a criminal conviction expunged in SC?
- 30-day misdemeanors in magistrate or municipal court,
- Convictions under the Youthful Offender Act (YOA),
- Domestic violence third-degree convictions,
- Possession of controlled substances, and
- Possession with intent to distribute (PWID) controlled substances.
Charged with a Crime in Orangeburg, S.C.?
If you’re ready to speak with a criminal defense lawyer in Orangeburg, SC, please call 803.808.0905 for your free in-person consultation or by filling out our online contact form.